Have you been involved in an unprovoked attack?

Being involved in an unprovoked attack can be very distressing for victims. These innocent people don’t realise that they can claim compensation for their injury, even where their attacker is unknown.

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) is a government funded organisation that was set up solely to compensate blameless victims of violent crimes.

If you are involved in a violent crime you must report the incident to the police as soon as possible. Generally, if you have not reported the incident to the police the CICA will not make any award.

We can work on your behalf and help you pursue a claim through the CICA and ensure that you recover the correct amount of compensation for your injuries.

In one recent case, our Tracy Rodgers recovered £13,500.00 for a client who was assaulted by an intruder in her home. In the first instance the CICA offered our client £2,400.00 in settlement. With our assistance, our client successfully appealed against the initial assessment and ultimately received £13,500.00.

In another case Tracy Rodgers assisted our client to recover £22,000.00 after she was the victim of domestic and sexual abuse.

It is important that you begin the CICA process as soon as possible as it can take some time to complete.

If you were an adult at the time of the incident you have to submit an application within two years of the incident occurring. If you were under 18 years of age at the time then usually you have until two years after your 18th birthday to make the claim.

If you have been injured in an unprovoked attack or have been the victim of any kind of assault or physical or sexual abuse, we can advise you on the best route for you to recover compensation. Call 01226 210000 or email info@mkbsolicitors.co.uk.