Property disputes, whether commercial or residential, can be costly and time consuming. Individuals and companies need to manage their estates and property interests carefully, whether they are a landlord with significant property interests or a tenant. Property disputes are about more than just making things clear. They can involve injunctions, which can force someone to do or stop doing something in relation to a property.
We advise on all aspects of property litigation and handle high value complex work, ranging from commercial and residential landlord and tenant disputes.
Our team has more than 20 years’ experience in advising landowners, landlords and tenants on a wide range of contentious property issues. We have extensive experience of all forms of alternative dispute resolution as well as formal court proceedings.
We can offer practical guidance on the following topics:
- Adverse possession
- Boundary issues
- Charging orders
- Dilapidations disputes (interim and terminal)
- Enforcement of covenants (freehold and leasehold)
- Land Registry rectification
- Planning permission and refusals
- Probate and inheritance issues
- Professional negligence
- Right to light disputes
- Right of way disputes
- Residential landlord and tenant
Recent highlights include
- pursuing a claim against a commercial landowner in connection with the width and extent of a ½ mile right of way to a caravan park
- bringing a claim against the commercial landowner of a block of flats for nuisance and breach of covenant
- representing a homeowner in a claim for right of light following the erection of student flats by a commercial developer
- defending a dilapidations claim brought against a national leisure provider in the sum of £120,000
- obtaining an order that the transfer of a property worth £120,000 which had been owned by a mother suffering from mental illness to her son be set aside
- representing a party who sought to have a mortgage transaction worth £100,000 set aside for fraud and/or undue influence
- representing a tenant in respect of a claim brought by a national pub company to recover the sum of £60,000 for dilapidations
To see how a tailored approach could suit your property needs, please get in touch.
Our services can be tailored to your personal needs. For a confidential exploratory discussion about your matter please contact our team on 01226 210 000 or contact us online and we’ll be happy to get in touch.