Tracy Rodgers appointed Trustee to The Barnsley Civic

We are pleased to announce that Tracy Rodgers, a Solicitor in our Personal Injury Department, has been appointed as a Trustee to The Civic in Barnsley.  The Civic is an arts centre at the heart of Barnsley showcasing a varied programme of theatre, music, dance, comedy and exhibitions. Tracy commented “I am so happy to


Leading Barnsley law firm, MKB Solicitors LLP, has been nominated for three awards at the prestigious Yorkshire Legal Awards to take place in Leeds on 10th October 2019. The firm has been nominated for the Small Firm of the Year Award, an award it previously won in 2016. Partner and Head of Employment, Ben McFeely,

MKB appoint two new Trainee Solicitors

MKB Solicitors are pleased to announce the appointment of two new Trainee Solicitors. Nicola Brown and Rhiannon Murphy have been employed by MKB for the past two years as Paralegals before their recent promotion. In that time, Nicola has assisted Steven Dawson, Senior Partner in our Private Client team, and Rhiannon has worked with Glyn

How Much Compensation Will I Receive?

Earlier this year, we wrote an article about how an award of compensation in a personal injury claim was valued.   One element of the overall compensation is general damages for the actual injuries suffered. How is the level of general damages worked out? It can be difficult to accurately assess the level of compensation payable

Free Legal Advice from our Tracy Rodgers

Our Tracy Rodgers will be at the Romero Centre, St. Helens Church, Laithes Lane, Athersley, Barnsley S71 3AH, every two weeks to offer free advice, between 1:00 – 3:00pm, beginning on 31st July 2019. No appointment is needed.   


There has been a change to legislation with effect from the 13th June 2019 which abolishes the “same roof rule” for victims of violent crime. Until now, victims of violent crimes including sexual abuse from a family member where the offence took place before 1979 have been unable to make a claim for compensation under

Compensation – What can I claim for?

If you have suffered personal injury, either as a result of an accident caused by the actions of someone else or being a victim of clinical negligence (previously called medical negligence), your remedy is to claim compensation. The compensation that you claim is a monetary payment. The compensation paid should restore you to the position