Court of Protection & Deputyship

If a person lacks capacity to deal with their own financial affairs, be it through illness such as Dementia, or as a result of an accident or any other cause and has not made a Power of Attorney then it is highly likely that an application will need to be made to the Court of Protection.

This is the Court, and it’s administrative section the Office of Public Guardian, which deals with the affairs of mentally incapacitated people and, as the name suggests, it’s aim is to safeguard and protect the interests of such vulnerable individuals.

Whilst here at MKB we can assist with all aspects of this complex system, the main types of assistance that we are often asked to assist with are generally –

Getting you appointed

Help with the annual accounts

Having us as Deputy for a Family Member

Getting a Court Order to allow a house sale