Tracy qualified as a solicitor in 1992 after completing her training at Nottingham Trent University and then at the York College of Law.
She began her career in Sheffield undertaking a wide range of work before specialising in Claimant Personal Injury work. She has also spent a number of years representing Defendants at an international law firm specializing in litigation/dispute resolution before returning to acting for Claimants.
Tracy has a wide range of experience from initiating the claim through to trial, in most type of Personal Injury matters, including:
- Slip and trips claim
- Occupiers liability claims
- Road traffic accidents
- Travel litigation
- Accident at work claims
- Clinical negligence claims
Tracy was inspired to work in the law as she was always interested in the workings of the law and had a desire to fight for justice for ordinary people. She finds the most rewarding aspect of the job to be achieving successful outcomes and securing compensation awards that can make a real difference to peoples’ lives.
Tracy joined MKB Solicitors LLP in May 2018:
“I have found everyone at MKB to be enthusiastic and full of energy. Everyone is so friendly and with their client’s interests at the forefront of everything that we do.”
Outside of the law Tracy is mum to 2 girls and “mum” to 2 giddy Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. She has previously been a Governor at 2 schools in Sheffield when her children were younger.
Tracy is a trustee on the Board of Trustees at The Civic in Barnsley.
Some examples of the cases that Tracy has handled are:
- £40,000.00 recovered for a cyclist who collided with a stationary lorry in the early hours of the morning. The lorry was parked in a no parking zone and without displaying any lights or warning of his presence.
- £6,000 awarded at trial for a Claimant who was injured when she tripped on an uneven driveway to a house whilst delivering catalogues for her employer.
- £10,000.00 at trial when she was knocked down by a bus from which she had just alighted, which rolled backwards and collided with her.
- £2,000.00 recovered from the local council for a Claimant who was struck by overhanging branches as he walked along the pavement.
- £1,000.00 to £15,0000 for numerous Claimants who have suffered dog bites, whether during the course of their employment or whilst in a public area.
- £9,000.00 recovered for an employee who slipped on water that had leaked from a defective radiator at her place of work.
- £8,000.00 recovered at trial for a Claimant who sustained a slipping accident in a nightclub and suffered a twisted ankle.
- £15,000.00 recovered by way of losses including psychological injury after an assault that took place at work.
Tracy has worked for Defendant personal injury practices defending personal injury claims brought against those businesses by both members of the public visiting their premises and their staff, including:
- Negotiating a settlement of a claim for £500,000.00 in relation to a chronic pain claim following an accident at work.
- Successfully defending through to trial numerous supermarket slipping claims where members of the public have slipped on various substances on the floor of their local store.
- Negotiating a settlement of £300,000.00 in relation to a Claimant who had sustained a permanent back injury during the course of his employment.
Client comments: –
“I can’t thank you enough for your help and everything you have done for this claim, it’s been brilliant working with you”
“Very good at all times”
“Everything was handled professionally, polite and understanding”
“I found Tracy Rodgers and staff to be very helpful at all times. They could not have been any better at helping me”