Domestic Abuse FAQ and answers

How can I say that domestic abuse has happened if I have no proof?

We will believe what you tell us and can put this in a Statement but in the future, it is important that you get police reports/incident numbers, have photos taken of any injuries/marks/bruises, always keep a diary documenting everything that happens. Contact your local domestic violence agency i.e Pathways or Stronger Families for help and support and always call the police immediately if you think that you are in danger.

Can I keep my abuser away from me?

Yes we can get you an injunction against your ex-partner/spouse and if they attempt to come near you or your home you will be able to contact the Police who will have a record of the Injunction being ordered at Court and they will respond immediately to enforce this.