Businesses and individuals are becoming increasingly dependent on their professional advisors to look after their interests. However, when a professional gets a fundamental part of their job wrong, the implications can be enormous. Often, it will result in financial loss, wasted time, personal hardship and further legal costs. Fortunately, our team can help.
Broadly, professional negligence occurs where a professional fails to perform his responsibilities to the required standard. These types of claims may be brought by the professional client, but third parties may also be able to bring an action against the professional, depending on the circumstances.
We conduct high value and complex claims on behalf of our clients against the following professions:
- Architects and Surveyors
- Financial Advisors
- Insurance Brokers
- Property Agents
RECENT HIGHLIGHTS OF WORK
- pursuing a claim for damages on behalf of 4 Claimants against a firm of solicitors for £2.4million arising out of the failure of the firm to place adequate after the event insurance cover
- initiating a claim for damages in the sum £350,000 on behalf of the buyer of a chain of newsagents against their accountants for a failure to properly carry out due diligence
- acting for 4 disappointed beneficiaries against a firm of solicitors who failed to properly record and document the wishes of their late relative resulting in them suffering loss and damage
- representing an architect in a dispute between him, his client and the contracted builder over the nature and extent of alleged defective works valued at £140,000
- bringing a claim against a national firm of surveyors for breach of contract and/or negligence for a failure to advise the purchasers of major structural weaknesses with the property that they subsequently purchased
- defending a claim against a firm of accountants arising out of an alleged failure to properly advise on the operation of a CIS Scheme
We offer a wide range of flexible funding options for our clients including, advice and representation under legal expenses insurance policies, competitive hourly rates, fixed fee agreements and Conditional Fee Agreements.
To find out more please contact our team on 01226 210 000 or contact us online and we’ll be happy to get in touch.