Rebecca joined the firm in September 2022 as a Partner and solicitor in the Commercial Department. She qualified as a solicitor in 2003 after obtaining a degree in Law from the University of Leeds and a distinction in the Legal Practice Course from the College of Law in York. She has been a specialist Commercial Property solicitor ever since. Rebecca has an excellent knowledge of the area and strong links with other local professionals, having been a Partner with another well-known local firm until recently.
Rebecca acts for a wide range of private and corporate clients, investors, developers, builders, charities, pension funds and Local Authorities in all areas of Commercial Property and business related work. She has particular expertise with large, complex and high value transactions. Her areas of specialisation include:
- Acquisitions and disposals of investment properties
- Landlord & tenant matters including leases, licences, assignments and estate management
- Business sales and purchases
- Auction sales and purchases
- Development including the acquisition and disposal of land, plot sales and new build transactions
- Adverse possession claims
- Lending and finance
- Overage, options and conditional contracts
- Agricultural property
- Residential conveyancing
Rebecca enjoys working with her clients to create long lasting relationships and is regularly re-instructed by clients. She aims to take a practical and sensible approach to transactions in order to achieve the best possible outcomes in a timely manner.