Harjit joined the firm in February of 2022 as a Partner in the Commercial Department. Harjit started his legal career in 2011 as a paralegal at a well-known Legal 500 firm based in South Yorkshire. Harjit quickly worked his way up to qualification and entered the roll of solicitors in 2016 – where he went onto specialise in both Commercial Property and Commercial Law.
Although commercial at heart, Harjit is well versed in all types of property matters including all aspect of residential property (freehold and leasehold) from sales and purchases, to lease extension, variations, transfers, transfers of equity and re-mortgages (including equity release).
In addition to the above, Harjit has a keen understanding of charity law, escheat and bona vacantia matters and has registered trademarks in the UK, EU, Australia, New Zealand and America. Harjit is well experienced in a wide scope of legal areas including:
- All types of landlord and tenant matters including new leases renewals extensions assignments surrenders under-lettings and variations.
- Business Sales and Purchases
- Company/Share Sales
- Land acquisition for development purchases – plot sales and purchases
- Dealing with unregistered land
- Adverse possession
- Overage, options and conditional contracts.
- Commercial sales and purchases.
- Secured lending, private lending and development finance
Harjit prides himself on taking both a commercial and common-sense approach to all transaction and aims to add value wherever possible – actively working to achieve the best possible outcome for his client. He is plain speaking and is able to simplify the most technical of legal matters to ensure that the client can make a well-informed decision with a greater understanding of the implications.
When he is not working Harjit enjoys spending time with his friends and family and travelling. For all your commercial queries call Harjit Singh on 01226 210 000.